Thursday, November 3, 2011

New Tin

This little area of my kitchen still needs a lot of work, but I thought I would share my new lard tin! One day I would love to find a cabinet top or a mail pigeon hole to set on this table. Just think of all of the decorating that could then take place!
This is my new tin that I purchased at my favorite neighborhood antique store Candlelight. Love the red and yellow!

I also was able to purchase this crumb catcher recently in Mississippi while visiting Casey. I had seen it over a year ago and when it was still there I thought that it needed a good home! This is my favorite color of green!

Life is much happier these days at Happy Acres. After losing our heat downstairs last March and suffering through about 6 more weeks of cold weather then, and a couple of weeks of cold already this season, we now have HEAT! Thanks Dear John, a little later than I would have preferred but a little extra shopping money and all will be forgiven! ;)

Happy Thursday!

I am linking up to Vintage Thingie Thursday and to My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday!




9 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Another lost treasure. Lard containers and grease holders. Love them. What a sweet vignette. With the mix of hankies and display of crumb catcher what's not to love? Smiles...Renee

LV said...

Have not head the word LARD used in years. That is all we had when I was growing up. You have a lovely home filled with vintage treasures.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love the red and yellow, too! great find. ♥

Mecky said...

That is a cute tin. I also like the flour sifter. But I LOVE the green crumb catcher! Perfect color of green! I am glad it was still there for you!

Happy Thursday!

Nani said...

A sweet display already! I'm kinda partial to any shade of green, so I can understand the color appeal of the crumb catcher.

I have a friend whose Grandmother in Georgia still makes her cakes with lard. When we visited a few years ago we got to try her cakes. That were the absolute BEST cake I'd ever. and have ever since then, eaten!

Jill said...

This is so pretty - love old tins!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a great vintage tin! Love the little shelf also.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love that tin! You have a nice collection of metal.

Glad you have heat again!

Pam

Coloradolady said...

A little work?? I don't think so....I am drooling over those cake pans....oh, the red and the green....what beautiful things you have! LOVE!!! Happy VTT!