Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas in the Kitchen

Merry Christmas Friends!

How is the Christmas shopping, baking, wrapping, cleaning, worshipping, and partying going? After power shopping for 3 days now I am almost finished!! A couple of gifts more and a meal to plan and groceries to buy and maybe next week can be spent reflecting on the reason for the season!

Thought I would share some of my kitchen decorations that keep me happy during this busy time of the year!

Jolly Old St. Nicholas looks so happy too,
as he hands out napkins to the big Steadman crew!

Cassie the Cow lamp provides soft, yellow light,
as she lights up our kitchen each and every night.

6 Pitchers lined up, all in a row,
 make us happy throughout the day as we go.


A drawer with a dish makes me smile every day,
 and holly of green is a fave I must say.


 Some Dairy fresh milk with some peppermint canes
 and a tree with a cardinal so cutely remains.


A vintage step stool all dressed red and green,


With a sweet, little church that I think is so keen!


 Vintage linens of gingham and plenty of holly,


and a chalkboard message to keep everyone jolly!


And one last picture to share,
 With my friends everywhere,
The glorious reason,
 we are having this season!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Linking this to The Nesters Christmas Tour Party and to Kelly's Korner!

9 comments:

Angela said...

You're a talented poet as well as a terrific decorator!!

Lyssa at Living Simple in the South said...

Oh my! I love all your vintage pieces, especially that old truck! I hope to start collecting those, but I havent found any yet! Your home is cheery and cozy! Thanks for your sweet visit yesterday! Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

I love your words and your pictures, plus you have really neat "stuff"!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh how I adore your collections and your kitchen. Love those pitchers and that fan. I would love to have a cup of coffee with you so I could look at everything in person.

SharonLou said...

Wow, you really do have some neat vintage stuff!! I absolutely love the way you put it all together! Makes me smile!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Canes in the milk bottles are super cute but so is EVERYTHING else! :) I'd love to find a bread box like yours! ♥

labbie1 said...

Oh! I could so LIVE in your kitchen! It is just as I would decorate! I have a stool just like yours. It was my grandmother's and is white and red.

And I collect milk bottles from every place we have lived as well as from where we were each born. I never thought of decorating them for Christmas as you did! GREAT choice! Do you mind if I borrow that?

Great--so great! Thanks for sharing!

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

Adorable decorations! I love all the antiques & collectibles! Merry Christmas!

Miss Charming said...

I just love all your vintage Christmas decor. Everything is so pretty to look at.