Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy 1st Day of December!

This shallow drawer is something new that I have added to my coffee table. I have enjoyed finding little goodies to put in the 11 different dividers.


The Reindeer Book was one of my Christmas books from when I was a little girl. I love the holly and the jingle bells! I remember Mama reading this to me. Thank you Mama.


A little red Candyland gingerbread man to brighten up your day!

When it comes to Christmas, I am still stuck in my childhood. I love all types of Christmas decorations, but I have to have the colors that I remember from long ago.

My grandmother had the silver tinsel tree with the color wheel. I used to spend what seemed like hours just standing there looking at that tree and its ornaments!

On Christmas Eve there would be so many presents in the room that I could not even get close to the tree anymore. I would sneak in and try to find a present with my name on it. Then my Daddy would catch me in there and make me leave once again.

Oh and speaking of Daddy, his birthday is tomorrow!


Happy Birthday Daddy. I enjoyed all those times you caught me sneaking in to see the tree and also, sharing a piece of jam cake with you! ( He got the cake and I got the icing!)

You are the best daddy a girl could have! I love you!

Merry Christmas Friends!




12 comments:

Corey Moortgat said...

oh, you're killing me with that doll bath- $10? If I lived closer, I'd drive right up and snag it!!!

I love your little holiday setup in this post, too!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh what a fun little drawer to play with! I enjoy your decorating very much! Hope your daddy has a good birthday! ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Every day....you have the most amazing post and pictures. I love it. Another thing I will have to steal! Thanks for the daily inspiration...smiles...Renee

Debbie Kay said...

I have a cute (old) drawer like that one. I think I will pull it out and decorate with it. Thank you for the great idea. I too am "stuck" in the past especially with Christmas decor. I love how it makes me feel to remember my childhood.

So nice you still have your dad, I lost mine in 2008. Miss him everyday especially at Christmas. God bless your loving father.

Smiles,

Debbie

Pam said...

I used to have that reindeer book when I was a kid too. I'll have to check and see if I still have it. Very cute arrangement!

SueLovesCherries said...

What a novel decoration idea! Mister has some old printer trays. Maybe I could use one of those to do similar. Yes, the old toys and colors are the best, aren't they?

Sandy said...

Sandie,
You are something else! LOVE this! And how nice that you have those memories to share with your Dad.....we always got the frosting, right?????? Sandy

She'sSewPretty said...

I just love your blog. We love a lot of the same things!!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, your daddy and your momma both look so sweet! I am so enamored of your beautiful way of displaying vintage finds. LOVELY. And, I too, must have the colors of Christmases past. None of the "new colors" or styles, thankyouverymuch, I'll take vintage!
xoxo
Joni

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

We had one of those silver tinsel trees with the color wheel, too!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

What a neat idea the tray you have on the coffee table would be so much fun to change out each month I am a newbie here from Ohio!

Lynn said...

This is just too cute! I don't have a printer drawer either. I keep seeing them at antique stores, the next time I find one in my price range I need to buy it!!
Hugs