Saturday, December 31, 2011

Memorial Candles

 Hello Everyone! Feelin' better(thanks for your sweet comments)  and this is what I have been working on! Each year we honor our church members that have passed on with the lighting of a candle in their memory. It is my job to do the candles.


Usually I just use my gold candlesticks from the Christmas decor but this year I needed 12 and only had 9 candlesticks!

So this is the idea God gave me since I could not find any candlesticks that I wanted to use.


I had such a great time picking out the cup and saucers to make the holder.

I thought that each family might enjoy getting the candle holder along with their family members candle. Some take them and some do not. It will be easy to replenish my supply of candle holders! And more antiquing to boot!

Happy New Years Eve to One and All! (I hope I can stay awake until midnight!)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Your candle holders are gorgeous, what a great idea...Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Sandie,
What a heart felt idea! This is so personal and kind....Happy New Year my friend! :) Sandy

labbie1 said...

As usual you have come up with a creative and thoughtful way to lovingly remember. Happy New Year!

Lynn said...

Sandie,
Those are just gorgeous! Such a wonderful ideal!! I love it!! Did you glue them together or just leave them sitting on top of each other? Hugs,
Lynn

Mecky said...

That is a nice idea!! I like it.

Happy New Year!

afogg said...

My friend you have out done yourself this time. Absolutely beautiful!!! God has blessed you with a gift.

Patti said...

This is a lovely idea! I found you on pinterest today - your blog is FUN!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Boy, I am WAY behind on reading your posts!! I think this is a lovely gesture and the display is beautiful. I'm sure the families are grateful for the thought and effort you put into it.