Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

A couple of old pictures. I took my Christmas down tonight and got some of my living room restored, but not much else. I have been missing my stuff!

Is it just me or does anyone else cry after you take down your Christmas decorations? I am sure I am just weird but I have never liked change and even though I am tremendously much better at it than I used to be I still get a little emotional over it. It always makes me sad to know that this year is in the books and I will never get it back. I know that we will never be the same again and somehow that just gets to me a little. What will the next year bring? And, oh how I miss my little kids!

And just as quick as I am sad, I am then over it and ready to move on to the next chapter. Ready for my house to be back to order. Ready for new beginnings. Ready for Spring!!!

How about you? Are you ready for 2012?

Happy New Year!

And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. Psalm 90:17
















3 comments:

Mecky said...

Happy New Year!

I think if I cried over taking things down, it would be becaue I have to do it myself. hehehe
I use to be sad about it. Now I just want things back in order.
I miss my kids being little, too. They grew up way to fast.

I hope that your new year is the best!!

My Vintage Mending said...

I long to get my house back in order. It is such an issue that I try to get over. Everything in its place so that I can feel free to play...craft...stitch. Happy to have made it through another year. Healthy, wealthy with love and wiser through God...smiles..>Renee

labbie1 said...

I am always ready to take the Christmas decor down so that I have my space back in the RV.

I don't miss my little kid. I so much enjoy the man that he has become that I would not go back! I just treasure the time that we get to spend together now when he visits. :)

I am not certain I am ready for 2012 as it seems that 2011 just started! But onward and upward! Happy 2012! :)