Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Place I Long To Be

This picture resides in our master bathroom. I love it even with all its imperfections. It reminds me so much of the view that you saw when walking up the road to my Grandparent's house.  With a few minor differences , it could almost be a painting of my father's old home place. I can almost see him walking up this road as a young 'un with his blonde hair and his overalls on.  Sigh...

But there is something else about this picture that makes me love it so...

Right there. Can you see it? In teeny tiny letters. "The Place I Long To Be"!

Doesn't that just ooze Home Sweet Home! How often in life we just want to be home.

I love to turn on a lamp in every room just so it is warm and cozy when we do get to go home. Dusk is one of my favorite times of the day. I love when it is time to turn on the lamps.  I even have to light one on the back porch for Bella, our Lab. She is afraid of the dark.  Or is she? Maybe she just enjoys the cozy lamplight as much as I do!

I hope you are enjoying your Home tonight. Blessings from Happy Acres.

6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I have a few of these old pictures. They were easily snatched from the thrift and estate sales because of the flaws. I didn't see them either. Just the wonderful beauty of happiness in them. I wonder if in the era they were printed (usually war time) they were meant to do the same. A fellow lamp lover...smiles...Renee

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, such a nice picture that you have. It does bring a nice cozy feeling of home sweet home. I have a few pictures, that I gaze at and get lost in. Staying warm tonight while a blizzard is outdoors here in Colorado! Stay warm!
Blessings,
Susie

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

What a lovely picture to evoke such sweet memories and the saying...goodness.
My son tried to convince me to put 'can' type lights in our home when we built it but I stood my ground. There's nothing like the soft shadows from lamps that make a home warm and cozy.

Melanie said...

Beautiful picture, and yes, an even more beautiful saying. As much as I love the sunlight, I do enjoy cozy lamplight, too.

Terri said...

Love the picture. I started a wall of such in my own bedroom and my favorite 'quiet time' activity is to lie on the bed and gaze at them. Very restful.

About Bella...I'm glad to read that someone else has a dog afraid of the dark. Our Trudy must have the front porch light on every night. She will bark her head off until we turn on the light. Then she lies at the very edge of the lighted area and gazes off into the darkness...

Candy said...

AHHH, Sandie. What a sweet post. I love that old pic too.
Thanks for sharing. 8-)