Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lamp Love!

Whilst out shopping for things for this wedding that I am doing the decorating for in August...now let's just think about that for a minute! Someone, as in my best friend Angie, has lost her mind! Bless her heart! Well, in August  I may need a new best friend after the wedding! I may be run out of town on a rail! Oh, the stress! The Agony!...Back to shopping...

After seeing this lamp on many occasions, I saw something that I had missed before. In the reflection in the mirror behind it, was a tag!

The original price tag! Oh My Word! How sweet is that?

For that price, I wouldn't mind having to "Buy Bulb Extra"! Would you?

Happy 1st Day of May!!

Linking with Knick of Time Tuesday!


7 comments:

Mecky said...

Oh yes, that is a GREAT lamp and so neat to have the tag with it. I wouldn't have the heart to remove it for anything!

I hope that you don't stress out about the wedding. You're a good friend to take that on.

My Vintage Mending said...

Get out...if the lamp cost 1.37 how much do you think the bulb was. Man I miss the old typography. That is gorgeous...August in the south are you mad?
Smiles...Renee

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Darling lamp and yes that tag is too cute.

Perfectly Printed said...

How great is the tag?? The tag alone is worth buying the lamp you are right!!! Great find!!

chris

afogg said...

Love your lamp friend!!! Also, love you for helping this best friend of yours get her daughter married off!! :-) You are the best and as all can see we have the perfect decorator! You are amazing at whatever you touch. I will pay for your therapy and possibly a round trip ticket to recover; however, you MUST return, no one else will have me ;-)Love you

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Wow, I wonder about the history. where has that lamp been and why was the wonderful tag kept? Oh, I know- it was kept for you! ♥

Candy said...

How sweet is that? I've had a lamp just like that here in the shop. I like milkglass anything. Cute, Sandie.