Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Shannon's Shower Part 2


When I was first asked to decorate for this shower, I knew that I wanted Shannon to feel like a princess when she entered a room. Shannon is just so opposite a princess and I just wanted the day to be special. 
This is where she opened her gifts. I wanted it to look like her bedroom where she sat and dreamed of what her wedding would one day be like!



Shannon's Aunt Allena helped with this and added a lot of special touches to make the area just as I had visioned.

We had Lance write Shannon a real love letter that she got to take home with her!





The dresser was in Shannon's room when she was a little girl.

I hope you don't mind me sharing the shower pictures. I never share pictures to brag of what I have done but maybe for someone to use as inspiration. That is why I fell in love with blogging.  The ideas and possibilities that are out there are just amazing!

On a very popular blog this morning, there was a post about the way Southerners do things so differently and parties was one of the things brought up.The way we "over do" the decorations while others focus more on the relationships and less on the decor. Guilty! But can't we do both. Yes we can! The decor just sets the stage. I personally enjoyed watching everyone mingle and talk and enjoy themselves. 

In the South, this is one way we show our love to others as I am sure each and every one of you do wherever you live too! Some times, don't just the smallest details matter? I think so!

Blessings from Alabama and may someone make you feel extra special today!



9 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh I think the way you show things is an inspiration. Just as though I would purchase a magazine to look for ideas. I cannot imagine anything more touching than a bridal shower with this much thought and care. Simply beautiful right down to the cold cream jars...smiles...Renee

Lynn said...

Hi Sandy,
I wish people would leave us southern people alone!!We love God, our family, our heritage, and a wonderful party! But, you know what I love the best a being a Southern girl?? That by taking a view extra minutes to make an event more special by decorating and going all out for my family and friends makes them feel special! I love to decorate for every holiday and season. I love to decorate the table and porch for a cookout on Saturday night with just the hubby. But it is nice to look at while we are eating our hotdogs and burgers!
Bring on the decorations and the parties!!
Hugs,
Lynn

EllenaElizabeth said...

I just love it. I have a friend who decorates like this for special occasions too. I'm going to share your link so she can read your post. Thanks for sharing and well done!

Sandy said...

Sandy,
I would have been bawling my eyes out when I saw this.....so very very cool!!!! You should do this for a living!!!!!! Thanks for the photos....great job! :) Sandy

Master Bedroom said...

Hello
I enjoy understanding more about this unique issue. You are very good writer!!!

Chenille Cottage said...

What a delightful wedding shower for the beautiful bride-to-be! I can't imagine a sweeter theme than the one you so creatively designed just for her! I love all the nostalgic touches! Everything was so feminine and memorable!
I hope you have a wonderful day as you honor the Daddy in your house!
Blessings and thanks for your kind comment and visit to my blog!
Carolynn

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Sandie, this is absolutely beautiful! Alot of work definitely went into this vignette and I think it is such a lovely idea to create this theme for Shannon. It would have made me cry!!
Being creative like this makes a special event all the more special. Thank you for sharing what you've done.

Pam said...

Great Job! You pulled it off beautifully!! I love all the decorations, especially the fruit bowl/light fixtures(that is what they are, right)? I am the one who bought the door with the wire and the drawers. I am finally headed to booth 7 today to poke around, will I find some of these goodies there? I can't wait to see what I find, we like so many of the same things.

Candy said...

Ahhhhh!!! What a special place for her to sit and open her gifts. You are soooo very creative and soooo very thoughtful, Sandie. I love it.

Im headed down to look at the shower pics now.

And, hey, the love letter thingy......what a special touch.

Way to go, Girl!!!