Monday, July 16, 2012

Letters to Jeanne

Last week while I was shopping with my best friend Angie and my most favorite girl from "Up North" I found something that I could not resist!


This sweet folder of letters written to a Miss Jeanne who spent the first week of July in the grand ole year of 1955 at Camp Mary Munger in Trussville, Alabama. 

Isn't Trussville a fun word to say! I wish I was from there!!! I can just hear myself saying' "I'm from TrusssssssVillllllle" in my sweetest and most southern drawl. ;)



Besides wanting to read each and every letter that was sent to Miss Jeanne, I knew that I had a small collection of things in the attic that would make for a cute display with the folder.


Here's the front.


And the cute little back.


Here are the sand pails just in case you are interested in those also. ;)



The three little pigs have the wolf just where they want him!



Tom Tom the Pipers Son.


And who else could this be but Mother Goose herself?!



Oh no, It looks like Humpty Dumpty did fall after all.


Hey diddle diddle, that sure is a cute cat with a fiddle.


One day I hope to have these displayed out in the house somewhere. I pull them out every now and then just for fun.

Can't wait to read the letters either. But I think I will save them for a good ole rainy day.

Hope life is good for you and yours. Blessings from Bama!

Blog Hopping today with Knick of Time Tuesday!






10 comments:

chris mckinley said...

Oh I love your sand pails!!

chris

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh sweet tin dreams.You must just put those up to tease me. Priced a few of those last week that were marked down from 75 to 45...I swiftly walked away. Really? They do look lovely together...Smiles...Renee

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

I found you from Knick of Time and I just love your sand pails! They ar my dream tin collection. Currently I have collected picnic tins and lunch boxes.

Jann Olson said...

What a fun collection. I love childrens sand pails and watering cans. I have a few, but yours is fab. The letters and holder really is sweet. I have a sister 1 year older than me that is named, Jeanne. Wonder if she ever went to Trussville. lol!
Hugs,
Jann

Liz said...

Oh, this is just the cutest, sweetest little display. What a fun trip down memory lane! :)

~Liz

P.S. love your blog.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your sand pails are just the cutest! I live in Florida and have looked for one for a long time! But I haven't given up! I love decorating with the beach in mind! I hope you'll visit me soon!

Candy said...

I can't believe you had those stashed away in the attic??!! They certainly did make a sweet vignette with the letter folder.
I always love coming to visit you here. 8-)

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh my word, how cute are those tin pails, what treasures, and your little folder full of letters from camp are the perfect companion for them. You are such a teaser, I want to know what those letters say and can't wait until you tell us!

XOXO
Joni

PS: It's always so much fun when I get to see you Bama gals!

The Pickin' Pair said...

Love Love those little Pails. They are so vibrant with color. Found you via the blog hop at knick of Time and am now a new follower!

Chenille Cottage said...

Such sweet little summery treasures! Oh, my goodness...You have such a darling collection! And, I couldn't help but notice your turquoise gingham apron!
Cute...cute...cute!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo